Fwd: khtml rendering performance

Allan Sandfeld Jensen kde at carewolf.com
Fri Dec 3 08:34:44 GMT 2004

On Friday 03 December 2004 09:21, Luciano Montanaro wrote:
> El Jueves 02 Diciembre 2004 22:07, Leo Savernik escribió:
> > Am Donnerstag, 2. Dezember 2004 18:49 schrieb Luciano Montanaro:
> > > KHTML renders the the full page again each time some elements of it are
> > > dynamically changed. This makes the machine crawl when, for example, a
> > > clock as the one you can find at the link below is running in the
> > > background.
> >
> > Known problem. Do you volunteer and merge the incremental repaint fixes
> > from Safari?
>
> I'll for sure have a look at Safari code, if you say it has fixes for that.
> I have downloaded WebCore 1.146, is this the version I should look at?

Try WebCore-125, in that version all the needed changes are ifdef'ed
INCREMENTAL_REPAINT.

I have a merge of all the changes in the render-objects lying around. The
problem is that it seems to require some changes in KHTMLView and KHTMLPart
as well, because a lot of screen-updates just don't happen.

`Allan