[patch needs help] Experiments on konqui/kiconview file selection.

Unai Garro ugarro at telefonica.net
Sat Aug 28 10:48:41 BST 2004

The attatched file is a small kiconview patch for kdelibs/kdeui.

It tries to make it easy to select a file  when working in single-click
file-open mode (default). The idea is very simple. When the mouse is over, it
shows a file handle (just a box for now), where you can click to select file.

The iconview emits a held() signal instead of a executed() signal whenever the
mouse click goes inside the box.

What I can't figure out is why konqui sometimes just ignores this held()
signal and opens the file/folder instead. Anyone can tell? I'm a bit lost
looking at all konq_iconviewfoo files, kparts and other.

Btw, feel free to test the patch, but as you can see it's a little bit buggy
right now

 Unai