URL parsing

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at kdemail.net
Tue Aug 24 10:47:23 BST 2004

Jason mclaughlin wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I'm developing a proxy server (www.safesquid.com) which has a feature
>that lets you prefix URL hostnames with a command to temporarily
>change proxy settings (like bypass filtering features, show cached
>file info, etc.) like http://bypass..www.somesite.com/index.html.
>
>Since KDE 3.3, it seems konqueror no longer accepts this as a valid
>URL... typing http://bypass..www.somesite.com/index.html in konqueror
>causes it to load http:/index.html
>
>Is there any reason for this change?

Yes. We fixed the domain name parsing and enforce STD 3 rules.

.. is not allowed in domain names. And all "common Internet scheme" URLs
that subscribe to the form described in RFC 1738 must have valid domain
names -- they don't have to exist, they just have to be valid.

--
  Thiago Macieira  -  Registered Linux user #65028
   thiago (AT) macieira (DOT) info