[patch] #57080: fix unnecessary scrollbars

Germain Garand germain at ebooksfrance.org
Fri Aug 13 01:21:43 BST 2004

Le Jeudi 12 Août 2004 18:57, Leo Savernik a écrit :
> Am Donnerstag 12 August 2004 19:45 schrieb Leo Savernik:

> What I forgot to mention, there's still room for improvement. E. g. it
> doesn't correctly fix bug 49199 (which I prematurely duped to 57080 :-( ).
> As you have already tackled scrollbar bugs, you could look into this one.

it does fix the pop-up content being sized to the overflow:hidden text height.

Now you get a content that is slightly larger/taller than the pop-up, hence
the h/v scrollbars, but it remains to be seen if that's a bug.

There's nothing sized on %, it's pixel sized.
Gecko doesn't show scrollbars, but they honour the scrollbars=no setting of
the pop-up.
As soon as you set  scrollbars=yes, it does have scrollbars.
So does Opera and my shiny new IE.
I won't even look any further...

Is it on purpose that we don't respect scrollbars=no?

Germain