[Patch] scrollbars

Germain Garand germain at ebooksfrance.org
Sat Aug 7 19:52:22 BST 2004

Le Samedi 07 Août 2004 17:01, Stephan Kulow a écrit :
> Am Samstag 07 August 2004 04:59 schrieb Germain Garand:
> >     webcore/fast/inline-block/005.html
> >       looks correct to me for the same reason. It's the same testcase
> >       than 004.html, except the inline-block children is floated. That
> >       shouldn't remove the green margin.
>
> Have you seen how IE renders that test case? :)

Unfortunately not, my wife went berserk and switched to Linux/KDE last month.
I need to stick IE back in some kind of museum machine...

Meanwhile, I've seen that the rendering of Gecko (1.6) is all yellow for both
004.html and 005.html, but the inline-block implementation isn't top-notch in
this version.

My reading of the spec is that inline-block starts a new block formatting
context (so floats within stay contained and must have their margins applied
from the border of that container), and never ever collapse any margin.

Opera 7.54 agree with our current rendering, FWIW.
I'll ask for clarifications to the Apple camp.

> >   - suspicious changes that might indicate true regressions:
> >
> >     webcore/fast/block/positioning/auto/004.html
> >     webcore/fast/block/positioning/auto/005.html
> >     webcore/fast/block/positioning/auto/006.html
>
> That's funny that you name these - as these I copied to baseline already
> yesterday.

oops, sorry about that.
I'll now check the updates you made with 500 ms delay...