Recent selection regressions/showstoppers

bj at altern.org bj at altern.org
Sat Aug 7 21:03:49 BST 2004

On Saturday 07 August 2004 17.35, Germain Garand wrote:
> I think with all due respect for the nice cleanup attempt of Tobias, that
> rushing such a huge change to the event handling days before a release
> candidate was really asking for troubles ;(
> Is there any good reason why this couldn't be postponed until it can safely
> undergo full testing? there's not even a ChangeLog entry.

I think it is probably better. My fix doesn't seem to cover all issues, and I
found at least 2 more regressions:

*If you select text inside a linedit and your mouse leaves the lineedit widget
(by going up or down) while selecting text, the selection stops at the point
where your mouse left the lineedit widget.

*If you select text from a web page with the mouse and there is a lineedit
widget in the middle, the text of the lineedit also gets highlighted (it
shouldn't be).

So it would probably be better to revert and let Tobias correctly fix all
issues.

Jean-Baptiste