Potential XHTML problem with Konqueror from CVS

CP Hennessy CP.Hennessy at iname.com
Fri Aug 6 02:13:49 BST 2004

Hi,
  I have a html page which starts with the following doctype line:

Now in konqi when I have a bit of javascript to do :
  node.tagName == "UL"
to see if a node is UL or not it fails as the tagName returned is "ul".

However if I change the DOCTYPE to remove the "XHTML" the test succeeds.
I think that this is a bug but I am not sure of the relevant standards.
However the following seems to indicate that lowercase is correct :
http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/#h-4.2.
At a minimum Mozilla returns "UL" in both cases.

This seems to be at least one of the problems when trying to get plone.org to
work with Konqueror. Attached is a test file. If you want to see this in
action you can create an account at http://oooauthors.org, login and in "My
Folder" add a file and change it's state. Plone works perfectly with Mozilla
nd Firefox.

I have seen this problem with all recent versions of Konqeuror including CVS
from only a few days ago.

Thanks
CPH