[Patch] scrollbars

Germain Garand germain at ebooksfrance.org
Tue Aug 3 16:06:33 BST 2004

Le Mardi 03 Août 2004 14:03, Germain Garand a écrit :
> Le Mardi 03 Août 2004 09:55, Stephan Kulow a écrit :
> > Am Dienstag 03 August 2004 05:49 schrieb Germain Garand:
> > > Likewise, relevant testcases from #61730 look fine (#59,#65,#68,#72) ;
> > > #69613 does not regress.
> >
> > I didn't have a look at the regression test cases yet, but I browsed
> > through the test cases on bugs.kde.org and found this one to kill
> > konqueror http://bugs.kde.org/attachment.cgi?id=3697
>
> mmh right, the patch address the case of one scrollbar triggering the
> other, but if both are needed, we still rely on QScrollView to do the Right
> Thing ;(
>
> I'm investigating if anything can be done from our side.

mmh, there is something we can do...
as this kind of hysteresis problem only shows up for documents at least larger
than the viewport, and at most smaller than the future viewport, we may delay
the disappearance of scrollbars until we are out of the area at risk.

Since the scrollbars are *already there*, it doesn't make a significant
difference is the user need to resize a few more pixels before they
disappear, and more importantly, it won't affect 100% sized documents.

Attaching a new patch implementing that.
Same regression output, AFAICS.

Oddly enough, trying to resize various document, it doesn't even change the
pixel ceil triggering the scrollbar disappearance... go figure :-)

Greetings,
Germain