kfmclient/konqueror option to open directory and highlight file(like explorer /e, /select)

Matt Newell newellm at blur.com
Thu Apr 29 21:39:03 BST 2004

I have not been able to find a command to open konqueror to a specified
directory and highlight a specified file. I'm more than willing to come up
with a patch, but I'm looking for input on the desired command line option to
use.

The equivalent command in windows is

explorer /e,/select,/filepath/filename.txt

Something like this is what I'm suggesting

konqueror -select /home/user/myfile.txt

Does that sound good? Or should it be an option to kfmclient? I'll send a
patch as soon as I get a few minutes to do a proof of concept.

Matt