[Fwd: khtml: Why strip -plugin suffix?]

Ryan Gammon rgammon at real.com
Wed Apr 28 22:09:23 BST 2004

Koos Vriezen wrote:

>AFAIK, the mime is audio/x-pn-realaudio and not audio/x-pn-realaudio-plugin. For that
>reason -plugin is stripped (I recall the problem with application/x-java-applet-plugin).

audio/x-pn-realaudio-plugin actually corresponds to our .rpm file format
(unfortunately independantly chosen at around the same time RedHat
started their .rpm's).

Our .rpm's are basically playlists. RealAudio (audio/x-pn-realaudio) has
an extension of .ra

>If this is a problem for realplay, we could first try w/o stripping it or let
>nspluginscanner strip the -plugin extension. I vote for the last option, George?

The last one makes me nervous, as audio/x-pn-realaudio and
audio/x-pn-realaudio-plugin are two distinctly different mime types for
us (.rpm vs .ra).

--
Ryan Gammon
rgammon at real.com