Konqueror view modes - summary

Luke Sandell sandell at freeshell.org
Mon Apr 26 15:27:05 BST 2004

The discussion of Konqueror view modes on kde-usability has ended. Here is a
summary of what has been suggested:

o Allow "Multicolumn View" to have a size setting for icons that is
independent of  "Icon View."

o The two drop-down buttons should have the ability to be added/removed
individually via Configure Toolbars (right now they are hidden inside
ActionList)

o The List View dropdown button needs to restore its previous mode when it is
clicked, just as the Icon View one already does.

o My suggestion is to also introduce a third dropdown button that would hold
all the "special" view modes such as KFileReplace and FSView.

o Some would like individual, as opposed to drop-down, buttons for all the
view modes available in Configure Toolbars.

o There is a request for yet another drop-down button that would encompass all
the view modes, just like the View->View Modes submenu already does. This
seems to be the preferred mode of doing it, so it should probably be the
default (don't quote me on that).

*** Remember, the power-user can customize which of these various buttons I
have discussed will actually be on their toolbar.

o Move "Text View" and "Info List View" to kdeaddons.

o Add the ability to have metadata underneath the icons in "Icon View" (like
Nautilus).

Regards,

Luke Sandell