Konqi status bar removal - Kiosk

Luke Chatburn lchatburn at isset.org
Thu Apr 22 00:15:27 BST 2004

Hi all,

I'm just trying to get a quick kiosk set up. Essentially, I have a machine
that sits on a network, with an open Samba share to an Apache docroot. Just
dump image and text files to it, and then calling a PHP file through Apache
will show you a rotating page, with freshly harvested images and text from
those files. It's set up as a standard box, with KDE autologin and then
autostarting Konqi in a fullscreen profile to that PHP with the toolbars,
etc. removed.

It's all very quick and dirty, but it is just meant to sit in a shop window,
without any keyboard/mouse access by any customer.

My only problem, is that Konqi is set up perfectly now, except for the
status bar. Is there a setting I can use in my profile file to disable it at
all? :) I can't find one, nor an option in the Konqi menus or config
dialogs. Maybe I'm being blind; if so, I'd be grateful if someone could
point it out for me.

Thanks in advance,

-Luke Chatburn