Extending Icons and Context Menus

Calvin Gaisford cgaisford at novell.com
Thu Apr 15 16:47:39 BST 2004

I am investigating developing a "Windows Explorer Shell Extension" type
plugin for Konqueror and am having trouble locating the information I
need.  Basically I need to add items to the context menus when users
right click on specific documents or folders.  I also need to customize
the icons displayed for specific folders by providing an overlay graphic
of some type (like can be done with the Windows Explorer).

Are there interfaces to build this type of plugin and if so, where can I
find information about it?  All of the information I can find is about
writing viewers and specific document handlers.  This will need to work
across all documents plus folders.

Thanks!

-Calvin