[Fwd: [kde-freebsd] Konqueror and its cache]

Erich Dollansky oceanare at pacific.net.sg
Tue Apr 13 03:03:53 BST 2004

Hi,

I posted this recently on the ports mailing list for FreeBSD and KDE not
knowing that I better post it here too.

I installed recently KDE 3.2.1.

When going to a websie with a lot of updates, I feel the cache of
Konqueror goes out of synch.

You can check this with Hotmail. Just send three or four e-mails to your
own account and read one of the middle ones. If you go back with
clicking to "Mail" in Hotmail, Konqueror should request the content of
the inbox again from Hotmail and show the e-mail just opend as read like
all other browsers do.

It takes some minutes before Konqueror does this. It shows the old
content for some minutes.

The same is true for any site with a lot of updates like a forum site.

Erich