kdebase/konqueror

Sashmit Bhaduri smt at inbox.lv
Thu Apr 1 17:22:32 BST 2004

On Thursday 01 April 2004 15:01, David Faure wrote:
> It doesn't. The cross in a window's corner says "close", not remove.
> The term closing for windows is very well defined. Using it for views is
> confusing.

I agree.. I think the split/remove wording works prefectly.. here is a
somewhat related patch that's been sitting around for a while in my hard
disk. It removes the window menu from konqueror, and adds all of the
new/remove view stuff to the view menu.. (as well as adding Show Navigation
Panel to the settings menu, treating it like a physical element like the
menubar and the toolbars, and putting all of the tab commands into the
location menu)

I think what results is more commands being naturally grouped with related
commands. All View Actions are in the View menu, all physical UI element
settings are grouped in the settings menu, all tabbing actions are in the
location menu.

the patch isn't perfect.. I would like to move the split actions into a
submenu.. also, I would eventually like to add "send page", etc back in.. any
comments however?