[patch] better widget proxy mouse handling

Germain Garand germain at ebooksfrance.org
Tue Sep 30 03:42:20 BST 2003

Hi!
I've worked a bit on Lars's excellent widget proxy.
I've tried to grasp it the better that I could but still may have been
confused.

What I did is:
1) forward MOUSEOUT/MOUSEOVER and translate them to Enter/Leave events,
so that widgets partially covered still behave naturally (i.e if you press a
button and glide so that the pointer goes on a covered part, the button is
released as if you had left it)
2) forward (a copy of the) mouse moves that aren't targeted to the current
focused widget straight to him, in order to restore the standard mouse
behaviour (e.g if you press a button, move the mouse outside, then go back
while still holding the LMB, the button is pressed-released-repressed,
etc...)

Please review,
Germain