text selection consistency

Max Howell mail.kde.org at methylblue.com
Sat Sep 27 00:34:57 BST 2003

> This has already bitten me. I'm working hard on a solution that inverts the
> colors if the contrast is too small. I think it's better to occasionally
> divert from the global colors than having unrecognizeable selections.

If you do make a solution to detect poor contrast and invert as appropriate
I'd be interested in writing a bit of code to detect when pages have poor
font/background colour choices that give low contrast. Konqueror could react
by using user-css or just upping the contrast. It could be an accessability
add-on and I'd personally use it. I just found a site with bright blue links
on a navy background, some people's design decisions astound me!

Max
--
http://www.methylblue.com/filelight/ - Filelight for KDE