Konqueror Context Specific Popup Menu

Sashmit Bhaduri smt at inbox.lv
Wed Sep 17 15:37:27 BST 2003

On Wednesday 17 September 2003 5:45 am, David Faure wrote:
> However in the discussion on the dot, some
> people voiced the opinion that such things as back/forward/etc. should
always
> be there, no matter where you click on the page (otherwise you have to aim
> away from big images

Good point, however:

1. No other browser on earth does this, I beleive (which may or may not be a
valid point.. depends)
2. Context menus/popup menus have historically always been context sensititive
(both in KDE != konqueror and everywhere else..)
3. We already make users avoid spots/areas for specific things. I think users
learn fast when the click an icon in the desktop and discover they can't
arrange the icons like they can when they click on the background.

A compromise might be adding some kind of "Document" submenu for things like
images/links which show this stuff. This is like how kicker's applet handle
bars work with their Panel Menu. However, I don't think this idiom works as
well in Konqueror.