[Patch] permit redirections to data urls

Leo Savernik l.savernik at aon.at
Wed Sep 17 11:48:33 BST 2003

Am Mittwoch, 17. September 2003 09:34 schrieb Waldo Bastian:
[...]
> If you add
> Class=:internet
> to your data.protocol file they should be treated the same as http urls.

Thanks, that works. However, it's conceptionally not quite true, because data
urls "inherit" the network class from the embedding document. I. e. they
should have all right if contained within a local document, and be subject to
the http restrictions if contained within an http document.

That means the following snippet always displays a warning dialog, even if it
is contained in a local document:

passwd</a>">Data url with link to local file</a>

There's no sensible solution to this, is there? I'm leaving the bug open so I
don't forget about it.

[...]

--
mfg