Openwith menu fix

Michael Reiher mr23 at mail.inf.tu-dresden.de
Fri Sep 5 10:11:12 BST 2003

On Friday 05 September 2003 01:23, David Faure wrote:
> On Thursday 04 September 2003 21:39, Waldo Bastian wrote:
>
> Looks fine to me - although if you did get readonlyparts, then the
> Type=Application check is broken? Or was that parts defined in application
> .desktop files?
kghostview.desktop, wich is the one I tested with, contains:

Type=Application
ServiceTypes=KParts/ReadOnlyPart,Browser/View

If _genericServiceType in KServiceTypeProfile::offers( ... ) is empty, as was
the case, it iterates over the profiles and the service is found in two
profiles, once with m_strGenericServiceType == "Application" and once with
"KParts/ReadOnlyPart", don't know if that is correct behaviour.
KService::type() returns "Application" in both cases though, so the check
succseeds in both cases.

> > No idea. I find it strange that the Application and the KPart has a
> > separate . desktop file actually.
>
> Shouldn't be a problem, it's even a good idea in general (to have a
> different InitialPreference, different name and comment, etc.)
At least for kghostview there is just one, AFAICS.

Greets

Michael