Openwith menu fix

Michael Reiher michael.reiher at gmx.de
Wed Sep 3 14:56:47 BST 2003

Hi!

Recently I sent a message concerning entry duplication in the "Open With"
popup menu (see http://lists.kde.org/?l=kfm-devel&m=105905877309453&w=2). As
I got a little impatient waiting for Waldo finding time to fix it, dug a bit
deeper myself;)

The first thing is that for building the service list it read:
$KDEDIR/share/applications/kde/kghostview.desktop and
$HOME/.local/share/applications/kghostview.desktop.
(Is this .local due to the xdg stuff? Didn't know about it up to now.) Where
is seems that the latter should be kde-kghostview.desktop. Removing that one
or renaming it fixes one duplication. Seems this was just a temporary bug(?)

Another duplication comes from the fact that "Application" as well as "KParts/
ReadOnlyPart" services got added to the list. See (hopefully) attached patch.

I had a third case where also Graphics/kghostview.desktop got added, but I
can't reproduce it anymore. So maybe it got fixed another way. Anyway all
seems to be fine now.

Greets

Michael