advanced / scripted use of konqueror

h019 at ied.com h019 at ied.com
Sun Oct 26 11:08:15 GMT 2003

 Hi,

  kde 3.1

  I need to automate testing of a web application, but still
allowing some user interaction and visual check.

  I was wondering how do I access Konqueror's hooks for:

  1) scripted modification of outgoing HTTPS request
 ( i know I could use a proxy for modifying HTTP )

  2) scripted modification of incoming HTTPS response -
before konquerer tries to interpret it

  3) cookie storage / retrieval (if I don't want to mess
with the HTTP(S) stream)

  4) saving a page with completed form just before "submit"
is clicked (It would be nice to be able to save all
JavaScript variables also + all [relevant] cookies).

  5) reloading of the page (& cookies / JS) saved in 4)

   Thanks !

      John

PS: no, it is not possible to switch the application into
HTTP instead of HTTPS. I must test this through HTTPS, and
so I must modify the stream after konqueror has received &
decrypted a response and before konqueror has encrypted &
sent a request.

PS2: I would *love* to be able to control the above
interactions with konqueror through a perl interface.