[patch] working out namespaces/css issues (was xml+css borken in head)

David Faure dfaure at klaralvdalens-datakonsult.se
Sat Oct 25 16:03:14 BST 2003

On Friday 24 October 2003 17:46, Germain Garand wrote:
> IIRC the point was: if the user requests an element in the XHTML namespace,
> and the element isn't a registered XHTML element, then it will be created as
> an XML element that needs to remember it's namespace (vs. e.g. no namespace
> at all, which is allowed). The bool would be fine as well, but I just
> preferred not to special-case those so pure, so innocent, XML elements :)

Now I see - there are many more differences. In HEAD there is still m_tagName
and m_localName in XMLElementImpl. We don't need that, my 3.1-branch patch
proves it. I'm currently in the process of cleaning that up (porting more code from
3.1-branch).

This is also a reason for having the bool up the hieararchy:
creating an element with createElement(),
and a non-html tagname like testelement is supposed to upper-case it,
in an HTML-compat document, even though it's an XMLElementImpl
(that's one of the tests in namespaces.html).
That's why we need m_htmlCompat available in XMLElementImpl too.
You didn't need it simply because HEAD stored the tagName as a string,
but I'm working on making that go away :)

David Faure -- faure at kde.org, dfaure at klaralvdalens-datakonsult.se
Qt/KDE/KOffice developer