Syncing Bookmarks via CVS

Christian Mueller cmueller at gmx.de
Tue Oct 21 19:03:21 BST 2003

Am Dienstag, 21. Oktober 2003 18:19 schrieb Rainer Dorsch:
> with the symbolic links I hoped that I can collect all these files in a
> single directory and thus do a single cvs diff/commit/... on this directory
> and there is not need to step into the specific dirs...

But I can do that without stepping into each directory.
CVS works recursively...
I added all the directories of interest downwards, starting from "share".
That way every config file ends up in its proper place in the hierarchy,
under ~/.kde as well as in cvs.

> find . -type d
.
./CVS
./share
./share/CVS
./share/apps
./share/apps/CVS
./share/apps/kabc
./share/apps/kabc/CVS
./share/apps/kfile
./share/apps/kfile/CVS
./share/apps/khtml
./share/apps/khtml/CVS
./share/apps/kopete
./share/apps/kopete/CVS
./share/apps/qtvision
./share/apps/qtvision/CVS
./share/apps/konqueror
./share/apps/konqueror/CVS
./share/applnk
./share/applnk/cm
./share/applnk/cm/CVS
./share/applnk/cm/KonsolenSkripte
./share/applnk/cm/KonsolenSkripte/CVS
./share/applnk/CVS
./share/config
./share/config/CVS
./share/services
./share/services/CVS
./share/services/searchproviders
./share/services/searchproviders/CVS

All the rest like Autostart or any unneeded
directories in share/apps
turn up like this when I say cvs up:

? Autostart
? share/cache
? share/fonts
? share/icons
? share/locale
? share/mimelnk
? share/servicetypes
? share/thumbnails
? share/applnk/.hidden
? share/applnk/Applications
? share/applnk/Development

CVS doesn't know them but that doesn't hurt.
You can just ignore the messages.
If you really wanted I guess you could also use
.cvsignore files to shut up cvs even more...

Cheers,
Christian.