text area focus and key shortcuts -- bug or feature?

Jesse Yurkovich yurkjes at iit.edu
Wed Oct 15 05:55:36 BST 2003

Hello,
  I've been hooked on multiple konsole sessions for quite a while now and have
grown accostumed to the very fast and natural shift-left, shift-right key
shortcuts to switch between sessions -- or tabs in konsole now.

So I proceded to change my shortcuts to Konqueror for these actions.  However,
I was supprised to find out that while I was editing some text in a form text
area, as soon as I hit shift-left to select some text ... well you can guess
what happened -- konq switched tabs :(

I have the 'Backspace' key mapped to 'Back' and that works fine i.e., If konq
has the focus hitting Backspace goes Back in history and if a text area has
focus a Backspace is entered.

Is it the desired behavior with tab switching ?  Why can't the event make it
to the text area first before being filtered by konq?

-Jesse