Need help with job->queryMetaData("HTTP-Headers")

Koos Vriezen koos.vriezen at xs4all.nl
Sun Oct 12 15:44:22 BST 2003

On Sun, 12 Oct 2003, Waldo Bastian wrote:

> On Saturday 11 October 2003 23:07, Koos Vriezen wrote:
> > hi,
> >
> > With the kjas kio downloader, I suddenly don't get the content-length
> > header anymore. Eg for
> > http://members.ozemail.com.au/~dcrombie/java/classes/Pendulum.class
> > and job->addMetaData("PropagateHttpHeader", "true");
> > I get (debug output) job->queryMetaData("HTTP-Headers")
> >
> > HTTP/1.1 304 Not Modified
> > Date: Sat, 11 Oct 2003 21:03:04 GMT
> > Server: Apache/1.3.26 (Unix) mod_throttle/3.1.2 mod_gzip/1.3.19.1a
> > mod_ssl/2.8.9 OpenSSL/0.9.6e
> > Connection: Keep-Alive
> > Keep-Alive: timeout=15, max=512
> > ETag: "20db61-1092-343632ba"
> > HTTP-CACHE
>
> This header indicates that the existing cached data should be used and the
> "HTTP-CACHE" indicates that the the content is being fetched from the cache.
>
> Do you need the content-header? It could be regenerated from the cache I
> guess.

Already fixed differently. I was mislead by

  if (m_request.bCachedRead)
  {
     m_responseHeader << "HTTP-CACHE";
     // Read header from cache...
     char buffer[4097];

suggesting the header was cached also. The java.net.URLClassLoader does
check the content-length header line, but seems not to break when it isn't
there.

Thanks,

Koos