multible tabs closing dialog

mikmach at wp.pl mikmach at wp.pl
Sun Oct 5 15:31:47 BST 2003

Dnia 4-10-2003 o godz. 23:48 David Faure napisał(a):
> On Saturday 04 October 2003 10:29, Mikolaj Machowski wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I updated yesterday kde with CVS and noticed old flaws in
> > message box when closing Konq with multiple tabs opened
still exist:

> > 1.
> > When tabbing through dialog also text is getting focus. This
is
> > nonsense.
>
> Text in dialogs is selectable. This allows to e.g. copy/paste
the error
> to someone who can help a confused user.

Is it necessary to make focus with tab movement to allow marking
text with mouse?

> > 2.
> > No button has no icon associated. And this is KDE-wide
situation.
> > Really, really bad. I could be red X like for Cancel.
>
> This isn't Delphi anymore :)
> KDE doesn't use icons on message box's pushbuttons.

It is possible in KDE and it should be enable by default.
Annoying is fact Yes has its own icon and No hasn't (drawbacks:
smaller pushbutton, not consistent look of message dialog).

> > 3.
> > Order of tabbing: No button, text, Don't show checkbox, Yes
button.
> Well, that's standard "top to bottom, left to right" order.
>
> > It should be made: No button, Yes button, Don't show
checkbox.

> > In this way it will be easier for people who want to keep
this dialog
> > but are closing multiple tabs sometimes: Alt-F4 -> Tab ->
Space, instead
> > of Alt-F4 -> Tabx3 -> Space (currently) or Alt-F4 -> Tabx2 -
> Space
> > after dropping text focusing.
> What about Alt+D ?

Chord. What about choosing pushbuttons with only one key if
there is no text fields in message? Y not Alt+Y, N not Alt+N and
so on.

> > Yes, I know I can use Left arrow but Tab is more common
choice when
> > changing focus.
> Tab goes right, Shift+Tab goes left....

Tab should go in the most desired order not hardwired with some
designed KDE-wide behavior.

m.

"Zwierciadło" z filmem na DVD "Gusta i Guściki" za darmo.
Nie przegap tej okazji! < http://film.wp.pl/p/film.html?id=1862&h=5354115 >

Vim + LaTeX = http://vim-latex.sourceforge.net
vim.pl - http://skawina.eu.org/mikolaj