Multiple tabs... message - flaws

David Faure faure at kde.org
Sat Oct 4 22:48:53 BST 2003

On Saturday 04 October 2003 10:29, Mikolaj Machowski wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I updated yesterday kde with CVS and noticed old flaws in
> message box when closing Konq with multiple tabs opened still exist:
>
> 1.
> When tabbing through dialog also text is getting focus. This is
> nonsense.

Text in dialogs is selectable. This allows to e.g. copy/paste the error
to someone who can help a confused user.

> 2.
> No button has no icon associated. And this is KDE-wide situation.
> Really, really bad. I could be red X like for Cancel.

This isn't Delphi anymore :)
KDE doesn't use icons on message box's pushbuttons.

> 3.
> Order of tabbing: No button, text, Don't show checkbox, Yes button.
Well, that's standard "top to bottom, left to right" order.

> It should be made: No button, Yes button, Don't show checkbox.
>
> In this way it will be easier for people who want to keep this dialog
> but are closing multiple tabs sometimes: Alt-F4 -> Tab -> Space, instead
> of Alt-F4 -> Tabx3 -> Space (currently) or Alt-F4 -> Tabx2 -> Space
> after dropping text focusing.
What about Alt+D ?

> Yes, I know I can use Left arrow but Tab is more common choice when
> changing focus.
Tab goes right, Shift+Tab goes left....

> Also when pressing Right arrow focus is completely lost.
Hmm, indeed. Qt bug? Not sure how left/right is supposed to work.

> 1 & 3 are ui.rc problems but I couldn't find... Hmm, looks rather like
> a problem with kmessagebox.h and KMessageBox class and not enough
> possibilities like order of tabbing and exclusing some things from
> getting focus.
The text gets focus on purpose.