Is charsets support in Konq/E or Konqueror itself broken or not ?

Sergey Izvoztchikov lezdep at rogers.com
Thu Oct 2 20:13:16 BST 2003

Hi, everybody.

I have some russian books in koi8-r codepage I was able to view in
konq/e sometime ago (Feb. 2003). I cannot view them in konq/e built from
snapshot of 20030623 anymore. Is the charsets support broken in source
code or whoever built konq/e should have passed some additional configuration
parameters on compilation stage ?

And one more question - I have a number of true-type fonts in my /opt/QtPalmtom/lib/fonts,
but konq/e doesn't seem to see them. I've run update-qtfontdir in that directory. Do I
have to do something else to make konq/e see those fonts ?

My environment is Familiar 0.7 on iPaq with OPIE 1.0.1, konq/e is built from
20030623 snapshot.

Please CC your answers to my personal email too, I'm not subscribed to the list.

PS: I have continues struggle trying to make my iPaq show cyrillics. My main
problem is luck of understanding how this stuff works I think. Does anyone have
a good rtfm I can read ?