embedding Konqueror in a Java application

Koos Vriezen koos.vriezen at xs4all.nl
Tue May 27 17:07:31 BST 2003

On Tue, 27 May 2003, tal wrote:

> Hello,
> (I am not subscribed to the developer's mailing list).
>
> I have a question regarding Konqueror.
>
> We are interested in embedding such a browser component in a Java application.
> Is this possible with the Konqueror?

I guess with a java native library, you should be able to do whatever you
want (but it's platform dependant of course).
However the KDE libs aren't very suitable for non-KDE applications, which
problably means you'll have to write a KDE-application that embeds itself
in a window offered by that java native library and set up some kind of
communication (I believe using dcopc.c is harmless).
Because of the dependencies of the KDE framework, it might also be worth
taking a look a konq-embed or Apple's Webcore approach.

Koos