mmb pasting in Konqueror

Datschge datschge at gmx.de
Sun May 18 19:23:42 BST 2003

Luis Pedro Coelho:
> There is a fine line between software which is broken because it is so error
> prone and software which is well-designed but misused.
> Here, I would say it is broken.

Please explain what makes you think so.

I'm using both mmb paste and mmb click to open a link in a new tab all the
time, I love it being able to quickly change to a text-only URL or look up a
search term withouth having to do a rmb popup menu choice first. I know that
mmb click on a link will do something with the link while mmb click somewhere
else on the page does the other thing, I really can't believe it's that hard
to understand even for a newbie. The only reason/excuse everyone seem to have
so far are obscure "misclicks".

> Most wheel-mouses I have seen work like this.

To clarify this: "Most wheel-mouses don't really work like they are intended
and promoted to do, they alway mix up wheel scrolling with mmb click and
vixce versa"? Neither do I share this experience (I'm owning three different
wheelmouse brands and all of them work as expected) nor can I imagine that
wheelmouse hardware used out there is really that crappy.

Regards, Datschge