mmb pasting in Konqueror

Alexander Kellett lypanov at kde.org
Sat May 17 12:08:57 BST 2003

(sorry, just picking up on this one point, as hardware *does*
 affect usability, you can't just pretend it doesn't exist
 otherwise we can just pretend that everyone on the planet
 has 1600x1200 screens and we can all just stop moaning about
 dialog sizes)

On Sat, May 17, 2003 at 09:58:51AM +0000, Datschge wrote:
> This is, excuse me, a completely bs and preposterous reason to remove a
> feature. This is clearly a hardware problem if it's indeed the case. Since
> when is software used to work around hardware problems? And how do we detect
> whether a click was a conscious action or an accidental click, possibily due
> to a hardware error or hardware design fault? It's simply nonsense to try to
> fix broken hardware with software workarounds.

so, who do you plan to fix this real world problem? we gonna
design a kde mouse?, i'd love to see a fix and a simple drop
down menu to select the mmb action konqi's setting would not
harm anyone.

more serious is the fact that 1) no other application does
this in x, and while you say this is the usual action of the
mmb, it is far from.     and, 2) this does something *very*
different and more importantly *useful* in windows, a feature
we are for certain missing. (scrolling for people without wheel)

mvg,
Alex