Bugs, and how to deal with them.

Nathan Murphy nathanmurphy333 at yahoo.com
Wed May 14 06:57:58 BST 2003

Hi,

I'm trying to figure out what the official policy on
triaging bugs in KDE should be and I was planning on
starting with Konqueror.  Can/should I close any bugs
that have been filed pre KDE 3.0 without a follow up,
or duplicate bug report?  These bugs are obviously not
recent and by purging the bug database of old bugs
developer energy can be better focused on known modern
issues.  Second, if an issue exists and is commonly
duplicatable, bug reports should again be filed
regarding the problem and so closing bug reports
without resolution does not present a long term or
permanent problem.  Any offical line on this type of
reasoning?  I want an explicit yay or nay from the
developers (preferably those whose fingers have been
in the code a while) before I engage in any drastic
bug reductions.  Thanks.

Nate