Konqurer bug, or just bad javascript code?

David Faure dfaure at trolltech.com
Tue May 13 21:31:07 BST 2003

On Monday 20 January 2003 03:20, Dave Seff wrote:
Hi,
sorry for the delayed answer.

> I came across this site that uses javascript for is forms. I can't seem
> to be able to submit the form because it is complaining about the
> dropdowns and that they were not selected properly. So i whippied up
> some html real quick to test it.
>
> It works fine in IE but mozilla and konq barf on it. Attached is the
> sample html. Sorry for the ugly submit button. I didn't have the time
> for prettyness.

<select name="txtRoleId">

But then you use getElementById() on it. There's no ID set, which is why
getElementById doesn't find anything.

The DOM spec doesn't say we should match on name on such a case,
it's only a side effect that it works in other browsers (e.g. due to them
using the same code as the code that implements document.txtRoleId...)