KIO: how to get the header fields

Koos Vriezen koos.vriezen at xs4all.nl
Fri May 2 13:29:27 BST 2003

Hi,

When using KIO::get( url, false, false ); for an url that returns an error
page, I don't get the response code right. This is what
"lynx -mime_header url' shows:

HTTP/1.1 404 Object Not Found
Server: Microsoft-IIS/5.0
Date: Fri, 02 May 2003 11:00:48 GMT

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 3.2 Final//EN">

job->error() is zero in both the 'connected' as the 'result' slots. I only
seem to know if it's an error with the job->isErrorPage() call.

What I would like is the responce code 404 and the header fields (I'am
able to get both the mimetype and metadata field). How do I do that with
kio?

Koos