Konqueror Browser Question

Jason Keirstead jason at keirstead.org
Thu Mar 27 23:56:44 GMT 2003

On March 24, 2003 06:11 pm, Roger Larsson wrote:
> On Monday 24 March 2003 19:30, Peter Martinez wrote:
> > Dear Sir,
> >
> > I am currently evaluating your browser as a the display engine for my
> > Flash MX interface that will be used in my interactive TV project. I
> > would like to know if you have a document for putting your web browser
> > into a Kiosk mode similar to the way Kiosk mode operates in Internet
> > Explorer.
>
> How does Kiosk mode operate in Internet Explorer?

Horribly :) My univeristy used this to try and restrict users to the "claim id"
webpage if they logged into the computer as "guest". It presents you with a fullscreen
IE that cannot be taken out of full screen, or show any menubars.... supposed to
prevent you from navigating away from the wbesite they put you on.

But you can just use CTRL+O and type anything you want into the "Open With"
dialog box.. like say "www.google.com" :)

Just had to throw in my 0.02 of how crappy IE is :)

--
Jason Keirstead, BCS
http://www.keirstead.org