Borders and background of <input - fields

Dan Sylveste dan_sylveste at hotmail.com
Sun Mar 16 19:28:01 GMT 2003

> |  Please open the link
> |
> |  http://www.xleverywhere.com/samples/interest_calculator.htm
> |
> |  from konqueror and IE, and notice the difference:
> |  1) style='border=0px solid #000000' removes the border around the last
> |  <input-cell in IE, but not in konqueror.
>
> You have mistake in style definition.
> Change your code (replace '=' with ':') to:

Thanks! That made the borders disappear in Mozilla, so IE accepts both : and
=,
and Mozilla accepts : (The correct one I guess).

>      <input name="p1B5" type="text" value=0
>       readonly="true"
>       style='border:0px solid #000000; width:75pt' size="14"
>     align=right class=ee103 >
> And INPUT element would be displayed without border around (in Mozilla)
> It seems to me that Konq/KHTML doesn't change border to none, but I am not
> sure what is expected/desired behavior here.

I updated the file at
http://www.xleverywhere.com/samples/interest_calculator.htm
Mozilla and IE both agrees on how to render it, they replace the standard
chiselled 3D-border
with a thin border for the first 3 fields and no border at all for the last.

Or do you say that you are not allowed to change the border layout around a
form field?

I think Konqueror should follow Mozilla and IE, unless this is obviously
wrong.

> At least it is not defined in standards.
>
> |  2) readonly="true" makes the background grey in Konqueror but not in
IE.

> I have not noticied this in my Konq (3.1)

In Konq 3.0.3 it is grey, so this must be a recent change.

> |  1) does konqueror as all non-IE-browsers.
> |  2) both mozilla and IE has a white background.
> |
> |  Regarding JavaScript-speed is Konqueror ok, but IE seems to be faster.
If

> Do you have any numbers to support this?

No, but I can collect some. I will mail more information to this list when I
have.

> Complex stuff is useful too for regression testing & performance
> measurement. It would be good to have both.

I will put links to stuff like that too.

Cheers,

Dan