still need help with eBay (enclosed log file)

Dawit A. adawit at kde.org
Thu Mar 13 01:26:50 GMT 2003

On Friday 07 March 2003 20:19, Dirk Mueller wrote:
> On Don, 06 M?r 2003, Hetz Ben Hamo wrote:
> > So, I decided to log everything - top to bottom in the attached gzipped
> > log - I started Konqueror in konsole, and I clearly marked where I
> > pressed the "my eBay" link - I emptied the Cookies and the UA is
> > default..
>
> Sorry, the log does not tell me much here.
>
> Question, in Web Browser / behaviour, did you enable "Allow automatic
> delayed reloading / redirecting" ?

You mean "did you disable" right ?  It is already enabled by default.

> This feature was recently implemented in a very buggy way, and I didn't
> have time to fix / revert the commit yet.

huh ? The wording caused a bug report because a user assumed that unchecking
this option simply allowed him to stop META redirections completely. I do not
know how people are supposed to know that "Allow automatic dealyed
reloading/redirection" means "prompt me before you actually do it"!

I know this is not the cause for this report because a) most people would not
even touch this option which is on by default and b.) I did a regression test
with and without FRAMES to prove that my changes did not break anything
before I committed it. I have the regression test cases if you want to see
them.  And there are many sites which do redirections that Konqueror has no
such problems in. Anyways, "whatever"...

Regards,
Dawit A.