signed Java applications support?

Koos Vriezen koos.vriezen at xs4all.nl
Wed Mar 12 22:28:49 GMT 2003

On Wed, 12 Mar 2003, Hetz Ben Hamo wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm trying the web-cd-write software on my serveer - it's an application that
> launches a java applet to let you upload files and burn them on your server's
> CD-RW...

> The problem: When launched from Konqueror, it loads an applet but it fails.
> With Mozilla it opens a windows and asks if I want to use this signed
> application...
>
> Suggestions?

If you installed webstart, you can launch it form konqueror using
JavaTM Web Start 1.2  Start
(after reading http://java.sun.com/products/javawebstart/, I dare to try)
But the security Warning,

This application is requesting unrestricted acces to you local machine
and network ... It is highly recommended not to install and run this code.

makes me feel hmmm :-)

Koos