Recent KHTML/Qt changes cause crash in Kopete

Jason Keirstead jason at keirstead.org
Sun Mar 9 23:39:23 GMT 2003

On March 9, 2003 06:54 pm, Peter Kelly wrote:
> I've had a go at trying to reproduce the problem but without success (both
> with HEAD and KDE_3_1_BRANCH). Basically what I am doing to test it is
> just bring up an ICQ message dialog and type a message... but it appears
> in the window fine. When I tried it the other day though I did get a
> crash... has something else changed in the code recently that would affect
> this?

Actually, the other day I found a situation under which I could reliably reproduce the
crash. After auditing our HTML output, and fixing "<font >" to <font>" in one place, the
crashes stopped. I don't have KDE 3.1 though so I am unable to see if maybe this
was the result of a recent KHTML change or the result of my code.

Can anyone using KDE 3.1 make KHTML crash using the DOM adding method now?

( To enable DOM adding, just change the #if KDE_VERSION > 0x030100 lines in
libkopete/ui/chatview.cpp to always execute, and rebuild / install libkopete )

> From where the exception is being thrown it would appear that there is no
> document initialised at the time you are calling appendChild, i.e.
> chatView->htmlDocument().handle() == 0.

I don't see how the document can be null though because we initialize it
in the chatview constructor?

--
Jason Keirstead, BCS
http://www.keirstead.org