auto direction of paragraphs in html?

Diego Iastrubni iastrubn at actcom.co.il
Fri Mar 7 12:20:50 GMT 2003

Hello,

I have a feature request which I am not sure I can ask yet. So I will ask
here, and then if I get a "yes" I will fill a which in bugs.kde.org.

The problem is like this:
I am using kopete to contact a lot of windows users in hebrew. The default
beheaviour in kde is hebrew and arabic will be right alligned automatically.
However kopete does not do that, while displaying the text sended. Looking
into kopete, I see that they use khtml to display the texts.

I would like khtml to be extended by adding also a "auto" value of "dir"
attribute of <p> and friends tags. For example

the first will be LTR, and the last will be RTL.  (capital letters
representing hebrew/arabic characters of course)

This should _not_ be used in real life html, but can be used _internally_  by
kde apps.

What do you think? (can be ported to the branch as well?)

- diego