Getting the http username/password for a part

Koos Vriezen koos.vriezen at xs4all.nl
Wed Mar 5 19:35:41 GMT 2003

Hi,

I'm trying to get Java applets working on sites that needs login, either
HTTP or cookie based. As I see it, there are two things I could do.

First I could ask a KIO::TransferJob to do the downloading. This was the
old behaviour of kjas. It works for downloading applets, but doesn't help
if applets want to make a connection to the server itself other than
setting up some kind of proxy.

The other way is extracting the username/password/cookie information
somehow and send it to the jvm. This will work at least for HTTP based
authentification (I can install some Authenticator object, that gets
called as soon HTTP connection need it). I tried to extract this info by
using dcop with the passwordserver, but I get either an empty
username/password back or it prompt for the password. This also doesn't
give me the cookie stuff.

Anyone that can give me some hints how to get that info?

Koos