Javascript / XML

Shawn P. Garbett listman at garbett.org
Fri Jun 20 14:22:14 BST 2003

On Thursday 19 June 2003 5:11 pm, David Joham wrote:
> Hi all...
>
> A while back, I had a conversation with Peter Kelly about this topic. He
> mentioned that he was looking into adding .load() support for Konq 3.2, but
> he didn't fully commit to doing it. Peter, if you're listening, do you have
> a status report?
>
> <selfless_plug>
> Shawn, you might also be interested in a little pet project of mine called
> XML for <SCRIPT> which provides a DOM and a SAX parser for browsers in
> JavaScript. Works with Konq, Moz, IE and Opera. You can find more info at
> http://xmljs.sf.net
> </selfless_plug>

This sounds great.

Here's what I'm up to: http://www.elucidsoft.net/projects/jfind

The Linux Journal is interested in having it on it's next CD. The first
requirement is that must work under Konqueror and Mozilla. Then my goal is to
have it work under IE and Netscape. Opera would be a big bonus.

The only thing I really need is to be able to load an XML file for DOM parsing
in all of these and I'm home free. I've got everything else working.

I'll look through you code and see if it fits.

Shawn