problem with <EMBED SRC="rtsp://..

Koos Vriezen koos.vriezen at xs4all.nl
Fri Jun 13 14:43:47 BST 2003

On Fri, 13 Jun 2003, George Staikos wrote:

> On Friday 13 June 2003 07:44, Koos Vriezen wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I run HEAD from two weeks ago, and this doesn't work (no embedded player
> > created, probably url.isEmpty or !url.isValid):

Ok update kdelibs (always a lot of hand work with --enable-final, kdeprint
this time), but didn't help.

> > <EMBED TYPE="audio/x-pn-realaudio-plugin" SRC="rtsp://aaa.bbb.ccc/xxxx"
> > NAME="playerWindow" WIDTH="320" HEIGHT="240"
> > PLUGINSPAGE="http://europe.real.com/freeplayer_r1p.html">
> > </EMBED><BR>

This is a sample page.

> > Looks like rtsp:// causes the problem, removing it does show an embedded
> > player. Should I update KDE or ..?
>
>    Can you provide a sample page for this?  I can hack at it if I have a test
> page.

See above, it comes from http://3voor12.vpro.nl/3voor12/live/kies_video.jsp
if you choose one of the real icons. The next page will have three
embedded players and only two show (the other ones are for controling the
first one I suppose).
Note this has nothing to do with nsviewer, the part is just not created at
all. (with the mplayer from cvs or with the new kxineplayer, kmplayer can
play these as well)

Koos