#59334 (was Re: Konq-preloading and SM)

Lubos Lunak l.lunak at suse.cz
Mon Jun 9 15:08:11 BST 2003

On Monday 12 of May 2003 10:53, Lubos Lunak wrote:
> On Sunday 11 of May 2003 21:11, David Faure wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm seeing empty konqueror windows being restored by session management.
> > Those are _additional_ windows, in addition to those that are correctly
> > restored.
> >
> > I wonder if those aren't the hidden mainwindows used by the preloading
> > feature? I have no proof of that though, it's just a hunch...
>
>  Please redirect your complain to whoever implemented KJS::KJSDebugWin. If
> you look in $KDEHOME/share/config/session/konqueror*, you'll see
>
> [WindowProperties2]
> ClassName=KJS::KJSDebugWin

 I've just committed a fix to KMainWindow that prevents session saving of this
KJS::KJSDebugWin when it's not visible. I also committed some code to
konq_main.cc that checks if the window class saved in the session config file
is unknown (i.e. not KonqMainWindow, at the present time), and complains.

 The way this bug worked was like this: When KHTML was loaded, the kjs
debugger window was created, but not shown (I didn't really check, but it
seems logical). When saving windows, KMainWindow saved all windows that
weren't explicitly hidden, and KJS::KJSDebugWin wasn't explicitly hidden, so
it was saved too. The code in konq_main.cc expected to get only
KonqMainWindow, so when it was reading the session data for KJS::KJSDebugWin,
another KonqMainWindow was created, but the session data wasn't for it, so
the window was created empty.

 Now, the questions are:
1) If the debugger window would be actually really visible, it would be saved
too. Should it be session restored?
2) Just like 1), but replace 'debugger window' with 'any window that may be
possibly created in Konqy'.
3) If yes, how it should be created? (As it's not really in Konqy itself, but
in a KPart - on the other hand, if the other windows are KHTML, the KPart is
actually loaded).

 I've got such a feeling the answer should be 'ignore all unknown windows',
I'm just curious if somebody doesn't see it differently.

--
Lubos Lunak
KDE developer
SuSE CR, s.r.o.  e-mail: l.lunak at suse.cz , l.lunak at kde.org