PATCH: kio_ftp

Dawit A. adawit at kde.org
Fri Jun 6 01:10:55 BST 2003

Hello,

Here is a patch that does the following:

- Properly Initialize m_port.

- Split out the macro (.netrc) based login into its own function:
ftpAutoLoginMacro.

- Cleanup how login information (username and password) including the default
once are used.

- Enable kio_ftp to work with ftp servers that do not allow anonymous users
and close such connection immediately. The pure-ftpd server which I use is a
prime example of this. To fix this I basically changed how ftpSendCmd works
and made it more tolerant. It now retries to send the command at least one
more time if it fails because the connection timed-out or there was an error
when writting to the socket.

- Move "the too many users" error message handling to where it belongs. Down
in the ::connect function.  That function now simply sends back the message
its receives from the server if the connection did not succeed. It is then up
to the user to retry the connection (e.g. by simply pressing reload button in
konqy).

Comments, suggestions ?

Regards,
Dawit A.