How to debug konqueror

Ned Flanders domjacq2000 at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 23 03:39:06 BST 2003

Hi

There's a bug in the sidebar_widget of Konqueror about
the sizes of the splitter's panes (they're not kept
between executions).  I want to use the debugger to
improve my knowledge of what's going on in this widget
but whenever I try to set a breakpoint in the function
readConfig of file sidebar_widget.cpp gdb gives me an
error saying that it doesn't find the source file
sidebar_widget.cpp (the path I use is good).  I
suspect that I don't set my breakpoint after the
no other clue.

My question is : How do you debug konqueror?  What can
be the procedure to make gdb hit a breakpoint in the
readConfig function of sidebar_widget.cpp?  Note that
I'm a programmer and used to Visual C++, but I'm new
to KDE development (even if I use it since KDE
1.1...).

Thank you in advance for your answer!

PS : I'm not subscribed to the kfm-devel list, so
please send me directly the answer.