Konqueror delete unification

Jos van den Oever kdelists at vandenoever.info
Wed Jul 16 14:44:40 BST 2003

On Wednesday 16 July 2003 14:21, David Faure wrote:
> But in addition to the .trash idea (independently from where we move the
> files), metadata info file means lots of features possible, and no
> conflicting filenames.

Yep. But where to store the metadata? I'd save the per-file metadata beside
the file and keep the list of trash folder centralised. This is convenient
for removable media.

We still keep the problem of knowing where trash folders are on removable
media. Whenever trash:// is visited, all newly mounted mounts must be scanned
with an algorithm, e.g. look for '.trash_username' in the first dir and look
for it in all dirs whose parent doesn't have this directory. So, if there's a
.trash_username in the first dir, one can stop scanning, but on for example a
large /home-like directory, the scan can take a while.

Is there a way of knowing when a mount has been mounted?