Konqueror delete unification

Michael S. Mikowski z_mikowski at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 16 02:59:32 BST 2003

On Tuesday 15 July 2003 21:56, Koos Vriezen wrote:
> On Wed, 16 Jul 2003, David Hugh-Jones wrote:
> > >
> > > ls -a
> > >
> > > Koos
> >
> > I appreciate that people can see hidden files, but my point was that
> > people may want to see all their trashed files in one place.
>
> How often do you want that? Point is making trash very fast, for something
> hardly used.
>
> > I may be wrong about this. I've never worked with a system where trashed
> > files were stored around the system.
>
> Me neither, but as a shell user I think I would find it useful having
> trash in current dir.
>
> Koos

Interesting thoughts.  Might one create a trash directory containing only
symbolic links to hidden files?

Of course, this again leads to the dreaded "hidden file" kludge which is
getting very old these days.

Mike

"Just because it hasn't been done before doesn't mean you shouldn't do it.
However, it should make you stop and think" -- anonymous