Konqueror delete unification

Jos van den Oever kdelists at vandenoever.info
Tue Jul 15 19:45:06 BST 2003

On Tuesday 15 July 2003 20:37, Koos Vriezen wrote:
> Yes, something like this would make trash much more usefull for me. One
> thing though is that it does alter directories. One thing that comes up is
> cvs checkouts, every .cvsignore should have a *.to_be_deleted entry. No
> doubt other tools could have problems as well..

Shouldn't CVS ignore all .* files? What about e.g. .xvpics or other thumbnail
directories?

A trash implementation like this would benefit from support that's wider that
just KDE. What's the GNOME way of handling the trash? A linux/unix wide trash
consensus would be nice, but I don't think it's attainable.

Especially for removable media, this type of trash is very easy. I've
experience with it on old macs. If you'd insert a floppy with a deleted file,
you're trash would suddenly be filled and you'd know that a deleted file was
on the floppy.
It would be very nice if this feature would work on GNOME too. When emptying
the trash, one might add a dialog to empty the trash per partition. It might
however, confuse the user.